Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Assignments done; Off to Florida


So I did get the Site Feed right because I now see two site feeds on my blog. I just had not posted it to the class. Success is not that sweet. My computer is running Mac OS X 3.9 and will not run BlogBridge because of not having the updated Java. I could upgrade to Tiger, but don't have the time to save all my files. Does anyone know of another aggregator that I could try? Help would be much appreciated.

So I have been trying to work on my husband's Mac. Using some one else's computer is just not that easy. But I think I will manage today to get the assignments done. I am loading all of the class site feeds. I am happy about this method as I really did want to read everyone's blog, at least from time to time, but the discussion board was not loading well. Maybe by next week when I am back in my classroom I will start all over with my PC, there.

In the meantime, I am flying off to Florida as my mother has just gone in the hospital there and I need to make various arrangements. Not sure if I will have computer connections there, but will try to use the time to catch up on reading everyone's blogs.

4 comments:

Dr Pam Miller said...

Google Reader is a wonderful simple news aggregator.

Paul Kawachi said...

Hi Sue,
I recall that at the outset of this course we could run a series of program checks to update our computer - mine is MacOSX too, and I upgraded the Java on 20 March or so. Blogbridge or any other aggregator is a separate and redundant service anyway, I think, because we can go to the blogs we like and news services and websites etc through our personal blog site. Sometimes we want to go back to re-read some point - that would be deleted-as-read from the aggregator, but archived on the other original sources. Though I argue against subjectivity - I must admit I like to see the wonderful original sources (and rarely use the alligator) even the BBC news website linked to on my blog is really refreshing, dynamic, stimulating, and enjoyable (which I cannot say about the alligator - I need to customize it I guess...)
All Best Wishes
Paul

Paul Kawachi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul Kawachi said...

Hi Sue, You are in Florida ?
I found a Sue Walter by Skype searching on 'Sue Walter' who is in Florida .. and sent a plain greeting to see if it was WestGa Sue... but no reply from Skype.
I am paul-5 on Skype, or search on Paul Kawachi
or kawachi@open-ed.net

All Best Wishes
Paul